With the value of perseverance imbibed through the pursuit of excellence in his chosen sport of Table Tennis over the past 10 years, “Learning Best by Doing” has become second nature for Aadil now.
Interest in Business Finance and Economics, initially sparked by online elective courses during Grade 9-10, was extended to taking HL courses in Maths AI, Global Politics and Economics in his IBDP. Further he took several initiatives to extend this classroom learnings to the real world.
Read on, to get a flavor of a cross section of these deep, hands on, interest-based learning experiences that he has pursued/is pursuing, enriching his learning significantly.
High School Online Elective Courses Successfully Completed sparking interest in Economics, Global Politics and Business Finance
Lumiere Education, Economic Policy Research Paper, Fall 2022, Online
• 12-week research project in Economics; “Fiscal Policy Response TO COVID 19 by Governments Globally – Comparative Analysis Focused on Singapore vs Malaysia
• Done under the aegis of Mr. Radu Gabriel Cristea, PHD Scholar at Cambridge University, The UK.
• Culminated in a 5000-word research dissertation, successfully completed in September 2022.
Summer Fellowship Program on Governance, Public Policy and Leadership 2.1. Summer 2022, Online
• Organized by Foundation For Community Consensus (social enterprise for citizen engagement), in partnership with NYU Gov Lab, UN Global Compact Network India (UNGCI) and Embassy of Czech Republic, India.
• Attended expert sessions on introduction to public policy, collective intelligence, diplomacy and international relations. Notable guest speakers from reputed institutions like University of Pennsylvania, World Banks and Czech Diplomats.
• Presented a case study on governance arguing against ‘increase state share of national revenue by central government’.
Summer School, Bocconi University, Milan, Italy. Summer 2021, Online
• Attended summer school with Economics and International Politics Lab, covering introduction to the two subjects for high school students
• 28 teaching hours over 2 weeks. Culminating in a presentation and case study analysis to teaching mentor and cohort.
Business and Finance
Intern, White Oak Capital Partners Pte. Limited, Summer 2022
• White Oak Capital Partners Pte Ltd is a Singapore headquartered investment management & advisory firm with $5.3Bn in dedicated assets.
• Completed an internship under aegis of Mr. Krishna Sathyamoorthi, Investment Associate (Research).
• Project focused on analysis of methodologies to estimate country risk premium in a Discounted Cash Flow model with recommendations on best fit for valuing emerging market funds.
Stanford University Course, Game Theory Foundations, Spring 2022, Online
• Game Theory course, led by Professor Matthew. O. Jackson, William D Eberle Professor of Economics at Stanford University.
• Completed an online course over a 7-week (18 hours) period, focusing on basic foundations of Game Theory, Backward Induction, Bayesian Game and Problem Solving. Completed the requisite quizzes to qualify for certification.
• Leveraged the learning from Stanford’s Game Theory course, to establish an after-school activity club at Dulwich College on Game Theory Application in Economics; enrolled 10 students from grade 7-11th commencing Oct 2022
Under Secretary General Finance, Model United Nations (MUN), Dulwich College. Singapore, 2022
• Leading finance pillar in organizing committee for 1st ever MUN conference hosted by DCSG, with over 200 participants.
• Set and manage the budgets, including pitching to school leadership for securing the funding.